I'm still getting into the swing of things, and as for outfit posts, doing as many as I would like to do is really difficult seeing as how I'm just working all week long and there's no one to go out on photography sprees with me whenever I want. But anyways, it was nice to finally hit the beach for the first time since last year. I'm still not tan and got no color because it was too windy to lay out and get any color whatsoever. Read more for the things I wore to the beach on that day and some other summer essentials!
Below are the basics, pretty much everything except for the top and my bag. The bathing suit top is from Victoria's Secret and the Bottoms are from Hollister as well as the high waisted shorts. Normally, I wouldn't be shopping there anymore, however the sale and fit lured me back in. Stepping back into the store gave me flashbacks of nightmares from closing when I used to work there, folding piles and piles of ransacked tables for minimum wage.
- VS Plunge Push Up Top: (x)
- HCO Bikini Bottom: (x)
- Lightwash High Rise Denim Shorts: (x)
- Capistrano Cami: (x)
- Gucci Cat's Eye Sunglasses: (x)
I've got a ton of summer essentials. Here's a list of a couple of my summer needs from beauty products to flip flops and sandals. :)
- Aussie - Sydney Smooth - This is absolutely perfect for my hair on extremely humid days. It keeps my hair nice and silky smooth on even the most humid of days.
- Banana Boat Spray - I have graduated from the phase of religious tanning and trying to get as tan as possible. All I'm looking for is a nice little golden glow and BB SPF 30 does the trick for me.
- High Waisted Shorts - I love these because they suck in everything in my stomach and flatter my waistline by making my shape a lot more apparent. Whether they're denim, twill, cotton, etc, they can make outfits look so much better.
- Flip Flops and Sandals - If you're looking for nice cheap flip flops for the beach, Old Navy has them for $3 or two for $5. As for sandals, Dolce Vita Archers are my go-to sandals this summer. They're so simple yet so elegant. I have a pair in black and white as well as a white pair of DV flip flops.
- White tops, tunics, and dresses - I've always been obsessed with whites, and for the summer, it's what looks the best against my skin tone after I've gotten a little bit of color. I've stocked up on lace dresses, flowy tops, chiffon blouses, and you can find great pieces almost anywhere.
- White and Gold accessories - If you follow me on Instagram, you already know how much I love that white and gold combination.
I wonder if you can tell how cold I was by these photos. I was so excited to go to the beach but my boyfriend and I didn't really plan on a beach day, we just went when it started to clear out. Unfortunately, that's also when it became really windy. I wish we lived closer because that way we could actually go out and take pictures more, unfortunately, that's not the case and my first couple of outfit posts won't be as frequent as my quick "OOTD" posts on Instagram.
I got my Gucci shades from my boyfriend for our two-year anniversary this past April. It was perfect because I have been shopping for a perfect pair of shades to wear that fit the shape of my face. I've always been fond of the square shape for my round face as well as a nice cat-eye, and Gucci came out with this really beautiful pair that I am absolutely in love with. The frame has this great blue-brown color to it making them no ordinary pair of black-framed sunglasses.
Some summer plans of mine!
- Work, work, work, and more work. Essentially building up that bank account since I will be having a very hectic fall semester.
- Saving up and being a lot smarter with my money since I've been saving up for a special purchase soon. :) It's a secret until I actually buy it though.
- Going to the beach, Atlantic City, and going out more with my friends that I haven't seen in such a long time.
- Working on my Interior Design skills in term of sketching and rendering.
- Getting fit! I lost ten pounds this past year due to fencing and fitness training, and I'd really like to keep that up with eating well and getting a good amount of exercise.
That's all for now!